Eastview and all high schools in ISD 196 have six Target (Intervention/Enrichment) Days. 2018-2019 Target Days at EVHS are scheduled for 10/11, 12/6, 1/10, 2/21, 3/21 and 5/16 (dates may be adjusted due to state testing). Read more, including frequently asked questions below.
TIME + ENGAGED SUPPORT = LEARNING SUCCESS
“A Target Day is simply a regular school day; the daily schedule is modified so that we can provide both meaningful focused enrichment and targeted intervention and support for ALL of our 2150 students.”
The below is a brief video summary of a Target Day.
In a continued effort to focus learning and to support our student’s specific and individual learning needs, Eastview will provide additional targeted opportunities during our school day. On each of the six Target Days during this school year, we will slightly adjust our regular class schedule to offer focused engagement with students on teacher determined individual learning needs.
Eastview’s Target Days provide our students with intervention and/or enrichments as determined through analysis of learning data by each of their classroom teachers and then prioritized with a focus on the four core curricular areas (English, Math, Science, Social Studies). Additional potential enrichment opportunities throughout the curriculum may also be available.
All students will have two (2), one period intervention or enrichment sessions six times during the school year. Teachers will make individual data informed recommendations for Interventions (focused or general) or Enrichments based on your child’s current grades and/or progress toward mastery of classroom learnings.
- A FOCUSED INTERVENTION with your child’s individual classroom teacher (grades 9-12) will support a specific teacher identified student learning need.
- A GENERAL INTERVENTION with other classroom teachers, paraprofessionals or student volunteers (grades 9-12) will support your child’s general learning or course progression needs.
- An ENRICHMENT opportunity supervised by classroom teachers, counselors, parent or student volunteers (grades 9 and 10) to develop a deeper or broader learning for students who have demonstrated mastery or appropriate course progression.
Student attendance is expected as normal and will be taken for both Target Day sessions. All students will be provided a specific Target Day schedule. Target Day student schedules will be posted on the Campus Parent/Student Portal in the following categories:
- All 9th and 10th graders: will be assigned a specific intervention or enrichment opportunity during both morning sessions.
- 11th or 12th graders who ARE assigned a Focused or General Intervention: are required to attend school on Targeted Days during the session/s they are scheduled.
- 11th or 12th graders who are assigned Enrichment (because their appropriate course progression and/or mastery of learning): will be involved in a direct or indirect enrichment that supplements the learning process (e.g. teacher recommended self-directed study, academic study groups, silent sustained reading…). Enrichment activities meet off-campus and on-campus and students do not need to arrive at EVHS until 9:30am, which will begin their 1st period course and their regular school day (additional information will be provided).